After one year of using the PoliformaT platform I’ve got enough. It might well be ok for some people but I’m not among them. I refuse to be a good well-trained monkey.
In what I think is the best interest of my students (and my own sanity) I’m recovering this blog as the vehicle to distribute the class material.
There are a number of reasons for this move:
- Students will no longer need to log-in to read any class related news.
- Visitors will now be able to see what’s going on in the subject.
- Prospective students will learn what the subject is all about.
- I will be able to avoid to do a dance to upload a single comment or document. However I will have to add a comment with any document I add, which I find appropriated.
- Anyone could comment on the topics of the blog, whether they are enrolled in the subject or not.
- Availability will improve upon university’s.
- I will be able to keep the English group of the subject apart from the noise of other languages’ groups.
- Blogger’s usability is miles away from the ugly and clunky interface of PoliformaT.
- We will be free to enjoy videos of any size (PoliformaT limits to 20 MB max which is a joke).
- Maybe the site will open up collaboration links with other universities.
- Site appearance could easily be changed (if I were not so lazy).
As an starter I’m posting here the solved exams of last June 9th, 2008.
And the second semester’s …
Please note that older material that is linked from previous entries may not work as it was lost after a hard disk crash. If you absolutely need to get any of them send me an email and I’ll recover it for you.