Any submission to the IETF intended by the Contributor for publication as all or part of an IETF Internet-Draft or RFC and any statement made within the context of an IETF activity is considered an “IETF Contribution”. Such statements include oral statements in IETF sessions, as well as written and electronic communications made at any time or place, which are addressed to:
- the IETF plenary session,
- any IETF working group or portion thereof,
- the IESG, or any member thereof on behalf of the IESG,
- the IAB or any member thereof on behalf of the IAB,
- any IETF mailing list, including the IETF list itself, any working group or design team list, or any other list functioning under IETF auspices,
- the RFC Editor or the Internet-Drafts function
All IETF Contributions are subject to the rules of RFC 3978 and RFC 3979.
Statements made outside of an IETF session, mailing list or other function, that are clearly not intended to be input to an IETF activity, group or function, are not IETF Contributions in the context of this notice.
Please consult RFC 3978 for details.